NHSLMA empowers librarians in New Hampshire schools to build effective school library programs.
Using Chrome and want to subscribe to the RSS feed? You will need to add an RSS extension.
1. It’s my professional community. Are you the only school librarian in your school? In your district? When you are in need of peers to discuss library ideas, issues, challenges, problems and solutions, the NHSLMA community is here for you, with a wealth of knowledge to share.
2. Members are the experts! Each and every member of NHSLMA has something to offer, whether it is a successful program they implemented, a new way of looking at the library environment, or maybe just a great lesson. NHSLMA provides multiple opportunities to share your own expertise as well as learn from other experts.
3. It’s my go to resource.The NHSLMA website has information about everything from learning opportunities, to advocacy, to connecting with librarians throughout the state. If I have a question about librarianship, this is where I start my research.
4. The AASL connection - NHSLMA is an affiliate of AASL, and we have representation at both AASL and ALA national conferences. Our representatives share the latest and greatest from AASL with our entire membership.
5. I love getting together with our membership. Our conference, Library Camp, and regional PD groups are alway fun gatherings where we learn from experts in our field and each other. These events are constantly evolving to meet the needs and desires of our current members.
Are you a member? Now’s the time to login and make sure your account is active and up to date. If not, become a member today!
Update your profile with a picture by the end of the month and be entered to win a $25 amazon gift card! Watch this video for a quick tutorial.
NHSLMA Membership Chairperson
Salem School District Librarian
I hope your school year has gotten off to a great start! I’m excited to begin another year, not only as a school librarian, but as the president of NHSLMA. We have a terrific group of dedicated board members are looking forward to continuing to build upon the mission of our organization:
The board alone can not carry forward this charge; our objective is to create a framework to provide members with opportunities to share and grow professionally. As your opening days settle into a daily routine, I hope you will consider participating in one or more ways:
Login to your NHSLMA account to access the member directory.